Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default talyvel repair - has anyone ever replaced the pendulum wires?

Ian Webb wrote:

I have a Talyvel 1 with a broken wire in the sensor unit

Has anyone experience in repairing the unit or is there a workshop manual
available

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

YIKES!!! I dropped mine off a lathe bed and it fell into the drip pan.
Amazingly, no damage I could tell. They are tougher than I would have ever
expected.

I have looked at the wires, they look thinner than hair. I think all 5
wires have to be the same length so the pendulum swings in only one axis. I
have no idea how they adjust them so they are all taut at the same time.
I have a Talyvel 3, I'm only guessing the sensor is built roughly the same
way.

Jon