Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:21:57 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
The whole 'cleaning up emissions' business has everything to do with
the climate change lobby.

You may be right

No he's not. If you accept the climate change thing, it's said to be
caused by CO2 emissions (greenhouse gas). And many of the emission control
systems on cars increase their CO2 production, not reduce it.

Emission control on cars is about reducing the pollutants which are
directly harmful to humans.

That was highly selective and disingenuous snipping Dave, I went on to
say just as you do.

The main point being that in the context of the thread VW arranged for
their non adblued engines specifically to show a lower level of
nitrogen oxides when tested compared with normal driving.

My further contention was, and is, that they are a lesser problem in
our climate than in a hot arid one, unless you are preserving
heathland or an aquifer supplying drinking water perhaps.

AJH