Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Gas Dryer Not Heating

On 10/5/2015 8:52 AM, bob haller wrote:
On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 12:59:48 AM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I bought this dryer new 20 years ago and it's been unbelievably good ever since. Tonight, I threw a normal load of clothes in. It's turning and air blowing like normal, but not heating. Tried changing the settings and no change. I'll call GE in the morning, but thought maybe someone has had this happen and what to check. Gas is on and connected. No gas leaks. Filter is clear and nothing blocking the vent.

GE Model DDG8589RDMWW. Mfd 1994-95

Thanks, fellow home repairers!!

ignitor may have failed.

given the poor qualityof new appliances, your better off fixing it if you can......

My Mom's gas drier died recently. I'd forgot about
hot surface ignitors. Have to check that when I
look at the device. My first thought was thermal
cut outs.

-
..
Christopher A. Young