Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default leaking oil into the tub?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 4 Oct 2015 18:08:27 -0500, philo
wrote:

On 10/04/2015 05:16 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 4 Oct 2015 13:09:11 -0500, philo
wrote:

On 10/04/2015 11:44 AM, Kathy wrote:
replying to philo , Kathy wrote:
philo wrote:

It could certainly be a costly repair and probably not worth it for a
ten year old appliance. I'd go for a new "no frills" washer which
should be about $400 Those expensive machines with a lot of electronic
controls ...in my opinion ...are a big waste of money

thanks!

You are welcome

FWIW: My Whirlpool has now gone close to 28 years without a single thing
ever going wrong with it. My guess it that "they don't build them like
that anymore."

My Kenmore, made by Whilrpool, has gone 36 years, but it did need a
belt-tightening some time in the last 5 years.

snip

I bought mine because it was belt-less

I don't know if they made that kind 36 years ago, but I didn't buy the
washer anyhow. The guy I bought my house from picked it out. He
didn't buy the most expensive, I think, but he didn't buy the cheapest
either. I think he bought what I would have bought.