Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default GE Gas Dryer Not Heating

I bought this dryer new 20 years ago and it's been unbelievably good ever since. Tonight, I threw a normal load of clothes in. It's turning and air blowing like normal, but not heating. Tried changing the settings and no change. I'll call GE in the morning, but thought maybe someone has had this happen and what to check. Gas is on and connected. No gas leaks. Filter is clear and nothing blocking the vent.

GE Model DDG8589RDMWW. Mfd 1994-95

Thanks, fellow home repairers!!

OT PS - I'm pulling for the Texas Rangers this year. They have never won the Series since they were formed in 1961 as the second version of the Washington Senators in 1961.