Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default leaking oil into the tub?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 04 Oct 2015 16:44:01 +0000, Kathy
wrote:

replying to Ed Pawlowski , Kathy wrote:
esp wrote:

You can either buy a new machine or pay a serviceman $80 to tell you it
will cost a bunch of money to fix it.
I'd go for a new one. I can see that being a repair costing 75% of a
new machine and you still have a 10 year old machine that can break down
for another reason.

Thanks!

If you do get another one, offer this one free until you find someone
who has the time to fix it. Freecycle or Craig's LIst if you say
everything that is wrong with it, etc. or maybe an inner city appliance
repairman, who will go to the trouble of combining two scrap machines
and make one that works Who'll save this one until he gets the machine
with matching parts. If someone like that doesn't want it, and he may
not, you'll be positive if wasn't worth fixing.

Although when you buy a new one most times the delivery guy will take
away the old one. What he does, I don't know.

OT, I took my stove, ruined by fire, to the city dump, and a guy at the
entrance wanted it. He was waiting there for people like me. I guess
either of them were going to make scrap metal out of it, but he actually
wanted it and the dump just took it because they had to I had it on
one of those trays that plug into a trailer hitch receiver, and he had a
pickup truck.