Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default GPS on parcel vans

On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 19:30:10 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, 4 October 2015 19:02:22 UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
Why not pull into your driveway?
Many houses don't have them.

Why would anyone buy a house with a part missing?

Because a lot of very nice houses in towns date from a time when the hall-boy would whistle up a hansom as required, which negated the requirement to keep a carriage.

Doesn't change the fact it's inconvenient in the 21st century. Plenty houses like that have been given a drive.

--
A doctor held a stethoscope up to a man's chest. The man asks, "Doc, how do I stand? "
The doctor says, "That's what puzzles me!"