Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default leaking oil into the tub?

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 10:07:13 -0500, philo wrote:

On 10/04/2015 09:44 AM, Kathy wrote:
10 year old Moffat Washing Machine- has been no problem until it started
leaving a 'dirty' ring around the top of the tub. Have also noticed a few
small spots on clothes. It's definitely oil. Is this the transmission ( as
I have read it could be)? Is it worth a repairman's visit or should I go
straight to purchasing new?

It could certainly be a costly repair and probably not worth it for a
ten year old appliance. I'd go for a new "no frills" washer which should
be about $400

Those expensive machines with a lot of electronic controls ...in my
opinion ...are a big waste of money

My next washer set will be Speed Queen with mechanical controls.
American quality