Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default GPS on parcel vans

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:15:04 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 22:15:24 on Thu, 10 Sep 2015,
Tough Guy no. 1265 remarked:
You mean if I track a DPD parcel coming to my house, I can see where it
is?

Yes. Although it depends on the service the sender has selected. It
tracks as with all the other carriers until it leaves the local depot.
Then you can see the van's location, and how many deliveries are left
before yours, and how long it will be.

Cool. I knew they were better than others (they give you a 1 hour
delivery window), but I didn't know they were that good.

But should the driver happen to arrive before the start of the 1 hour
window, the hand held device won't let you sign for it until the window
has started.
DAMHIKT

I have had that problem before. The driver was most irritated but got around it. I think he signed for it himself later on. Quite why DPD
thought a customer would not like the parcel delivered early is beyond comprehension.

If you are out of the house, and heading home in order to be in when the
parcel arrives, being early isn't any good. Unless in those
circumstances the driver waits until the time you were given.

DPD deliveries I get are almost always right at the beginning of the
window, so perhaps they've been waiting round the corner for the clock
to tick on.

But if you are in, there is no reason for them to wait.

--
What happens if you install windows 98 on a system with 2 processors?
It crashes twice.