Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On 04/10/2015 16:03, wrote:

It is these components of exhaust that combine with other chemicals in
sunlight to form a photochemical smog in hot places like california.

I also thought it less of a problem in UK where rainfall is high
enough to wash these nitrogen compounds out as nitrous and nitric acid
(which is a fertiliser in these low dilutions we used it added to
irrigation water for ericaceous plants to counteract the calcium which
made the water alkaline) and there is not enough sunlight to cause the
problem experienced elsewhere.

Sometimes you can see the smog in UK cities.
There is more than enough sun to cause problems.