Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT I probably can't do that

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 3 Oct 2015 08:21:27 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 3:20:06 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 1 Oct 2015 23:19:16 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:..........
I've had a camera up my tailpipe twice in the past year. I drank a gallon of GoLYTELYŽ both times but the first time I required an extra power flush. I also had a camera snaked down my throat and I hope the camera was shoved down my throat first. o_O

I hear the throat is a lot worse than the rectum, which was nothing.

[8~{} Uncle Camera Monster

As to fasting, I have no trouble. On a couple occasions I've gone 18 or
20 hours without eating or drinking even when there was no reason to do
so. I was at home and just didn't want anthing.

I have to take a pill once a week now, to help replace bone calcium I
lost in the preceding few years, with a full glass of water, after not
eating for a while (all night?) and 30 minutes before eating, or
drinking anything other than water, or lying down. Lying down would let
the stuff come back up and damage my throat.

The first few weeks it was okay, but starting in July, I was back to
normal and I can barely manage to drink anything first thing in the
morning. Even after urinating. Sometimes I pour water in my mouth and
it spills out. But when not thirsty, it is easier to drink from a
bottle than a water fountain.

I only have 3 more months to go maybe, and I can stop taking this pill.

I hope you don't you don't mean that you have three months to live. o_O

I'd better check with the doctor.

Wait, no, I'm sure I that's not what he meant.

I had cameras stuck in both ends because I was anemic and had a low red blood cell count. Doctors were trying to figure out where the blood was going since I'm too old to have a period. It turns out that I had a bleeding ulcer in my stomach which was caused by excessive NSAID use. The NSAIDs were the only thing that helped fight the swelling in my joints and allowed me to move around. I'm down to two naproxen sodium tablets a day so my hands don't stick closed and I can bend my other joints. o_O

Wow.

I got you beat on fasting. I went two weeks without eating back in the early 1980's consuming only sports drinks, vitamins and protein tablets. When I finally broke my fast I ate at a breakfast bar and the food was heavenly. ^_^

I coudln't go two weeks. Maybe 28 hours if I had to.

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster