Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 2015-10-03, rbowman wrote:
Nothing like going from 'America's most successful entrepreneur' to
'what an idiot' in a few short years.

Ken Olsen was correct, just ahead of his time, as evidenced by the growing
popularity of so-called "cloud computing." Most people really do not want
the hassle and responsibility that having their own computer entails. What
they really want is the capability, but provided by a terminal that is
easy to use and as maintenance-free as possible with someone else handling
the messy details of security, backups, etc. on the other end.

I've found that ironical too. The ADM-3A terminals have been replaced
with tablets, phones, and Chromebooks but we're getting back to where we
started. With the same problems too. AWS has a hiccup and the world stops.