Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default stucco cracks

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 13:37:28 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Some time ago, wasn't it discussed here about stucco painting vs. fogging?
I asked around about fogging here and no one seems to know what it is.

Yes. Painting stucco came up here a few times and people said not to
do it. Tell that to the millions of home owners with painted stucco.
If you dye the stucco before it's applied the mixture fluctuates, poor
matching of batches so it looks bad. Then it gets painted with
elsastomeric paint (Behr) anyway.

I've seen ads wanting to sell you a ceramic coating. Is that
"fogging"? I'll pass. One clown wanted me to install aluminum siding
in my neighborhood with _all_ stucco homes. I told him no thanks, my
neighbors would kill me

Patch, texture to match, paint -- done.

Stucco costs lot more than Al. siding.
I never had house with Al. siding but cedar siding,
prefinished hardy boards(out at 4 season cabin).
Our neighborhood was architect controoled when built.
Walls are only stucco and only certain colors were approved.
5 years after commnity was finished control expired. Now new
folks moving in change colors, black garage door, green house, Yike!
When I painted garage door with luminous dark purple I got friendly
flaks from close knit neighbors in 7 house Cul-de-Sac.