Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default scrollsaws

On 10/2/2015 2:19 PM, Leon wrote:

Delta is not really Delta as we all knew anymore. They are a lot like
Rockwell. Rockwell once built a really great product 25+ years ago.
Some one has bought the Rockwell name and sells their tools under the
Rockwell name. The latest Delta owners manufacture a few machines here,
including the latest Unisaw but a lot of their machines are being
manufactured for them.

I have an old Rockwell Delta Scroll Saw and it is a tank.

http://jbstein.com/Flick/JigSaw.jpg

If you can find one like this, buy it. Been working perfect since
around 1954. It has a 2 foot radius, can cut 2x stuff like butter, has
a blower that amazingly still works after all these years (knock on
wood), The blower is a must to keep the cutting area clean.

I personally don't use it all that often, but when you need one, it's
great to have. There is no vibration either, of course I have it
bolted to a cabinet, and itself is heavy cast iron.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com