Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Blake[_2_] Roger Blake[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 2015-10-03, Don Y wrote:
This split keeps flipping back and forth every few years
as technology and personnel costs change. Wait until
some "cloud" is seriously breached: I can see the adverts,
now: "It's 6PM -- do you know where your DATA is??"

I'm not in favor of "cloud" computing myself, both because you lose
control of your data (you don't know who will have access to it under
what conditions, or even if you will be able to access it in the future),
and because it represents a big step backwards 40-50 years or more to
the days of the old computer service bureaus. The "cloud" is just the
latest marketing-speak for a very old concept.

There have already been breeches and losses of course, for example:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21477...of_future.html

People are still flocking to the cloud though, running off the cliff
like lemmings, because Ken Olsen was right! ;-)

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com