Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default cranes

On 03/10/2015 12:47, wrote:

I actually walked off site last week when the health and safety
manager refused to allow me to use the MEWP to chemfix some loose
fixings for a horizontal pipe 4 metres above the ground, requiring me
to use a ladder footed by another employee instead, on the grounds I
could not prove my competency to use the MEWP. I had basic training
when I hired them in the past but no certificate and on flat ground
the MEWP was far and away the safest platform to work from.

What was the ladder setup? Just the ladder with somebody standing at the
bottom, no belay, etc?