Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On 02/10/2015 19:59, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:05:50 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

T he normal mode was high emissions. The cheat mode, test passing.

Precisely.

Then there wouldn't be much point in removing what you wittily describe
as "cheat mode", would there. AISB, that is the mode that will be
extended to cover ordinary use.

Or you remove "cheat mode", retest a sample of affected vehicles in
"ordinary use mode" and re-write the spec and change VED band if
required for new vehicles.

That's my reading, except I would expect cars affected won't be
reclassified as second hand values would fall.

An utterly pointless exercise, and VW come out of it as the
naive/bumbling. But basically intact.

That's what happens when you have the motoring and petrochemical
industries in league with government.

--
Cheers, Rob