Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

In message , at 16:08:26 on Fri, 2 Oct
2015, bert remarked:

But if you insist on singling out particular stages in the process as
representing
"cheating" and "not cheating" then its fairly obvious, to most
people at least,
that they were cheating during the tests, rather than afterwards.

Either way it's the *testing* mode that will be extended to cover all
circs, so that emissions are reduced. Feel free to say that therefore
they will be cheating the whole time.

They'll be using "cheat mode" all the time.

They are cheating all the time

It's unhelpful to confuse the issue with terminology like that. People
are confused enough with others stirring it up.

but only using cheat mode when being tested.

At the moment, but one possible (but I believe unlikely - it's going to
be an Adblue retrofit I suspect) outcome of the recall is to have the
vehicle in that mode permanently.
--
Roland Perry