Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 10/02/2015 11:24 AM, wrote:
We built some of the last DEC PCs for them.

They weren't bad but DEC shot themselves with that ploy of having
pre-formatted floppies only available through DEC. Anybody who lived
through the CP/M era with the 23 different formats because everyone
tweaked the WD2791 a little different wasn't buying into another
proprietary format.

At one point we we assembling cables for DEC Augusta. The QA was strict
but we finally got a crew that put out cables with almost no rejects.
Then the plant manager got the bright idea that they should give the
contract to a Native American operation in interest of diversity. I'll
leave it to your imagination how well that worked out.