Virginia

Default Digital camera repair

Hi -- could use a suggestion on digital camera repair. I have a
Toshiba PDR-M1, and have been successfully using an aftermarket 6V A/C
adapter for the past 18 months or so. All of a sudden the camera
won't operate with the adapter, but still operates on the four-AA
battery power supply. Thought it was an adapter problem, but a new
adapter gave the same result (no juice). I take a lot of pictures and
it tends to eat batteries, and the batteries fail at the worst
possible time, so I would prefer to have the adapter operating
successfully. I can't replace the camera right now, but plan to in
the near future (3-6 months)so I don't want to spend a lot of money
taking it to an "authorized" repair shop. I have done other repairs,
so I am not afraid of taking it apart and checking things out and
making most repairs. My main question, before I start taking this
apart, is if anyone knows if the adapter port has possibly just become
disconnected, or is the problem sounding somewhat more serious (the
port is fried somehow?). Is it possible the port has an accumulation
of debris/dust perhaps? Any suggestions are very welcome --
Thanks....