Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On 02/10/2015 22:26, bert wrote:
In article , Clive
George writes
On 02/10/2015 19:59, bert wrote:
In article , Clive
George writes
On 01/10/2015 21:59, bert wrote:
Similarly in the entertainment industry individual
artists compete for your favour.

Similar with sport - cricket, rugby, etc, all there if you feel
premier league is too expensive.

It's not a question of cost it's a matter of principle.

You miss my point. There is competition from the other sports (and
indeed other leagues). The premier league hasn't taken over the entire
sports viewing market, not even the football viewing market.

I think I've already covered that point.

Several people seem to disagree with you there. I'm one. There is
definitely competition in the sports viewing marketplace, even in the
football viewing part of it. The Premier league is a company selling
just one competing offering, and it's apparently worth a lot of money to
the people who buy it. That's the free market in action, red in tooth
and claw - you're normally in favour of that sort of thing.