Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
But surely, when they're running normally they're not being tested so
they don't need to cheat. They can just belch out as much crap as they
like, allegedly, and no-one is any the wiser.

Odd. I've been noticing smoke and nasty smells from new diesels for years.
I know you can't smell NOX - but in theory all those cars should pass a
visible smoke test at MOT time. So guessed if they smoke when it's said
they don't, they were probably producing lots of other nasties too.

Ther have been quite a few reports about the air quality falling with
more particulates and NOX. Now we know why the quality is getting worse
despite better controls, VW have wrecked it for everyone and they should
be sued by every asthma sufferer and any other illness that can be
caused by the cr@p they aren't supposed to emit but do.