Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

In article , Adrian
writes
On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 22:22:59 +0100, bert wrote:

But they do not combine with other companies selling the same product
to fix the market.

So which "other companies selling the same product" has the Premier
League combined with?

You DO understand that it's the Premier League selling the rights to the
matches, not the football clubs, right?

And as I said a few posts ago the Premier League is a cabal of companies
combining to sell their product to a sole distributor.

The Premier League _is_ a company, with 20 shareholder-owner-members. The
Premier League sell _their_ product to TV.

Yes but it's a cartel of 20 member companies in a monopoly position and
my point is that would not be allowed outside sport and you still
haven't come up with an example to contradict me but keep trying.
It sits on top of another cartel the Championship with strict rules on
entry and exit. The further down the chain you go the less attractive it
is to TV and so becomes of lesser consequence.
--
bert