Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 10/2/2015 7:00 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/01/2015 08:59 PM, Don Y wrote:
Trigraphs would handle that. But, from a telnet session, not an issue.

Trigraphs remind me of the Escape Meta Alt Control Shift thing that plays Go,
tells your fortune, feeds the cat, and is customizable if you're fluent in
Martian.

Funny, that came up in a conversation yesterday when I told another programmer
about APL. That required digraphs on most keyboards and I mentioned trigraphs.
He asked what you'd use those for and when I said emacs, he shuddered.

I had a Trendata 1200 (aka "Selectric I/O") with an APL typeball.
Not the sort of thing folks were comfortable "reading over your shoulder"
(why does that key generate that weird upside down triangle??")