Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 10/2/2015 6:51 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/01/2015 09:16 PM, Don Y wrote:
Apple products remind me too much of B&O. Too much emphasis on "glitz"
over function. My iPods are tedious to use -- a *mechanical* wheel
(or even a four way navigation bar) would be far more reliable as
an input device than the capacitive "dial" that it employs. Try
using it without WATCHING what you are doing! Ditto for every other
Apple product.

The iShuffle is so simple it isn't difficult to use.

Yes, the iShuffle is the one that looks like a glorified "tie tack"?
(no display, USB connection is made through the *earphone* connector?)

However the MP3 players I use most often are Sansas.

I have two Sansa's. IIRC, one of them needed a "music converter"
to get the tunes into the correct format (?). They also have an
entertaining animation when they power up/down (?)

Plug them into the USB port and they look like any
other mass storage device. iirc I had to use iTunes to load the iShuffle and
iTunes has to be the most complicated, counter-intuitive software I've ever used.

Look into Floola (free) to maintain your iPod(s). iTunes is more of
the "everything Apple" mentality -- make you feel like you are ALWAYS in a
store! MS did something similar with the Zune -- which *could* have
been an interesting device (but for being locked into MS's little world).