Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] larrymoencurly@my-deja.com is offline

Default Re-gluing loose Formica on counter

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 8:54:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I know formica is normally glued with contact cement. I'm assuming I
need to use the same stuff to reglue it. I had a thought to buy some
large syringes made for animals, fill the syringe with contact cement
and squirt it under the loose formica. Then stack some bricks or other
weights on top of the counter and let it dry for at least 24 hours.

It won't hold if you do that. You need to keep the surfaces
physically separated for at least 15 minutes (probably more like
30-60 minutes) and then press them together. The pros use a
roller to apply pressure.