Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] J.T@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) LG Cellphone browser upgrades.

I have a LG flip phone using prepaid Tracfone. It's NOT a smartphone,
just a basic phone for calls, texts, and has a basic browser built in. I
dont really want or need a smartphone. But I used to use the browser to
get weather reports and a few other basic online things.

Several months ago, the browser just began rejecting most websites, even
weather.com. All I get are error messages. Bu I know it still works for
some stuff, for example I can still access Google. I believe the phone
needs a browser upgrade. I called Tracfone but their customer service it
terrible. I got some foreign person who could barely speak english, and
did not understand my problem. After wasting close to an hour, nothing
was solved. But Tracfone is affordable, so I stick with it. I have a
landline anyhow, but when I'm away from home, I need a cell.

I cant find anything about upgrading it using google. Maybe one of you
knows a place to get upgrades. If not, I either have to live with it
as-is, or buy a newer phone. These phones are only $25 to $40, but
retyping my whole addressbook is something I prefer to avoid, when I
have around 200 names in it.

Thanks in advance.