Eric J

Default CD Player Display and Button Problem

Although it's a few years old, it was a fairly expensive unit when new
($1k+). I'll probably send it to Clarion for repair ($150) if it's the
processor. But if it's just the power supply, I'd like to try and
repair it myself or just buy a new PS.

Does it sound like the PS could be faulty, or is it not really
possible to tell without schematics?

I just noticed the display has four dim red lines running horizontally
across it. The VF display is normally a blue dot formation. This unit
is basically identical to the McIntosh MX406, if anyone happens to
have experience repairing those.

Thanks for the help.

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
I would think at this point you will need to order the service manual from
Clarion, if they would sell it to you. Once you get past the power supply,
you will require the proper test gear and tools to follow through to
troubleshoot your unit. If this is a low cost unit, I would consider
retiring it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG