Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 10/01/2015 10:49 AM, Don Y wrote:
Most of the folks that I know who are into Macs "just want it to work".
They tend not to use esoteric software (e.g., just a "productivity
suite") so can live with the more restrictive offerings that seem
to be available to the Apple world. OTOH, they don't want to have
to spend an afternoon coercing a printer to interoperate with their
computer. Or, deal with DLL hell, The Registry, etc.

This goes back a few decades but I mostly associated Macs with desktop
publishing and other artsy endeavors. One quirk I remember as a C
programmer is the Apple II needed some sort of keyboard tweak to handle
C. There was some character it didn't have natively, possibly curly and
square brackets. I don't think it had ~ or ^ but those aren't real
showstoppers.