Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Tiger Direct

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 17:48:57 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 6:17:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
No TV
They say TV shipped 9/18 (7-10 days out)
Now 11 days later and they send me a survey asking how I like my TV.
(that didn't end well)
Google hits me too. Worse review. I had fun with that.

Then I decide to call.
20 minutes and a lot of "press ,sumpin", bad music and reasons why I
should choose Tiger direct, it occurs to me "why am I waiting on the
phone to tell them I am tired of waiting on a TV"? So I hung up.

I tried Email and the response was some bull**** about problems at the
shipping department

Were they lying when they said it went out on 9/18 or are they lying
now?

1900 EST and nothing back from TD

Buyer beware. They have had a bad rep for many yrs...most use NewEgg.

I dont like Newegg. because they make it very difficult to get the price
for an item on their website. If they cant put the price up front, I'
move on. I do the same at rummage / garage sales. If I have to ask the
price for every damn thing, I leave. When I shop for anything, price is
one of my first concerns. Even if I like something, I wont buy it if
it's too expensive.

Just like last week, I went to O'Reilies auto parts to get a replacement
auto dome light bulb. I found a two-pack of them wrapped in plastic on
cardboard, (clamshell). $7 for that pack. Although I needed a bulb, I
did not need two of them. But $7 is outrageous and I was not going to
pay that price. I went to another store and bought one bulk bulb for
about one dollar, and did not have to fight opening the damn clamshell
package.