Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default cranes

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Michael Chare wrote:

Where I live I have seen that done using what I would call a largish
lorry crane which is only needed for that job.

Many UK building sites appear to use telehandlers for day to day
lifting, with mobile telescopic cranes brought in for roof
trusses, as required.

I would assume that the OP is referring to smaller lightweight cranes
that are permanently on site.

Small self-erecting tower cranes are what I think they were
meaning, like this:

I doubt those are very common at all in the countrys he was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZxcDmICweg
Quite interesting bits of kit.

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near one
of those when the average builder is driving it.

I guess it all boils down to a mix of both tradition,
availability and economics.

And I bet those aren't cheap to have onsite
all the time while a house is being built.