Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT I probably can't do that

On 10/1/2015 5:20 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:29:14 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

In my "medical test" example, they were unprepared to perform the
test at *any* price! "Sorry, but we can't do that test, here..."

My laughing was about everytiing but that you went home with nothing.

If I had only "invested" a couple of phone calls and the time to
drive to the facility, it would have been "merely annoying". But,
given that I had already been inconvenienced by having to prepare
for the test I was nowhere near as "accommodating" of their
idiocy.

Yeah. I don't know what preparation you did but I once had to drink a
gallon - literally a gallon -- of something to flush out my insides. It
was one of the few times I missed having a wife, who I figured might
pour it down my throat. But left alone, I couldn't do it. I think I
drank between 2 and 3 quarts. The guy the next day didn't complain.

Colonoscopy usually requires that sort of prep -- make sure you're
squeaky clean inside! Drinking it isn't terrible -- it's the
*consequences* of drinking it that are... "unfortunate".

If the guy at the saw mill had said he couldnt' cut my poles, I would
have had to drive 30 minutes back to the store I bought them at and try
to get them to take them back. I guess they would have done it, but I
have an image of most of their customers knowing what they want, buying
what they need, and not bothering a farm store with annoying returns.

But actually the sawyer was very nice. I had a hundred, but I forgot
that I spent 130 at the computer store the previous day. I'd meant to
take a couple hundred in cash from my desk drawer, but forgot that too.
The farm store took charge carrds but the sawyer didn't. He said, Just
stop by and pay me later. I said, Can I mail you a check? He said,
Just stop by and pay me later. At first I thought he just didn't
want checks, but surely he gets paid by check very often. He must have
just been thinking I lived nearby and saying I didnt' have to rush to
pay him???

So I went to a cash machine and got money and paid him right away.