Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a photography darkroom

On Thursday, 1 October 2015 13:08:31 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 01/10/2015 10:54, whisky-dave wrote:

Is there anything about photography (the creation of pictures using
light) which you would lose if you didn't teach about film-specific
issues like reciprocity, different light curves of different makes of
film, the need to choose the speed of film before you start shooting,
given that these are not relevant to digital.

They aren't very relevant to most photography as most people would
correct for them in printing and there isn't much you can do when taking
the picture without adding extra light.

You don't know much about this do you.

I know why it happens, do you want to explain it or me?

you, don't make me laugh you haven't a clue.

it wasn't me that said the above "they aren;t..... either.

A five minute talk will tell you all about the differences.

but not explain them you can gove 5min talks on quantumm mechanics too.

One is simple the other is even simpler.

and there's few as simple as yuo .

Digital has exceeded the quality of film for a few years, that's why
very few film cameras are sold. There is nothing a film camera can do
that can't be done on a digital camera and you can restrict yourself to
doing what a film camera can do if you want to.

That is not the point though is it.

No the point is that you can teach photography easier and cover more
using digital rather than film.

You canm but it deosn't work like that.

ou know nothing about teaching do you.

You can't teach darkroom techniques using digital.

You could but it wouldn;lt be any better than using a flight similar
to get someone their pilots licence.

You still maintain there are enough differences between film and digital
to make it difficult to use digital but refuse to say what they are and
keep getting the basics wrong and claim its not you that's wrong. Not
very promising for your pupils is it.

I've told you what they were, because you have NEVER been in a teaching enviroment you will NEVER understand.