Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default How to inspect furnace filters?

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 3:53:26 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

On 9/30/2015 1:32 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 2:12:01 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

Our thinking is that it's easier to remember to do something (trivial)
every month than to keep track of N month intervals.

I write on my kitchen calendar to check and change filters
every 3 months. No problem keeping track of when to do
this.

And when to fertilize the citrus trees, when to change the batteries
in the smoke detectors, when the roof needs to be repainted, when
the swamp cooler pads need to be serviced, etc.

I don't have any fruit trees.
The smoke alarms 'tweets' when the batteries needs to be changed.
You paint your roof???
No swamp cooler here, just central heat & air.

We find it easier to just put things in very regular schedules:
e.g., instead of fertilizing three times/year (as recommended),
we fertilize monthly; cooler gets serviced at end of season
with pads replaced (instead of waiting for the pads to *need*
to be replaced); smoke detector batteries on New Years Eve;
roof gets 20% serviced each year -- instead of once every 5
years; etc.

The cat does get his flea drop medication the first day of
_every_ month. And the rechargeable tooth brush is run down
completely and recharged the first day of every month.