Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Possible reason the A-10 is being dropped

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:30:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 07:27:15 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Pseudoscience explanations intentionally spare the poorly educated
from those confusing numbers, such as the temperature of combustion
and the melting points of metals.

So, people are poorly educated until they have been taught these?

Set Theory
Group Theory
Algebra (linear, abstract, etc.)
Differential and integral calculus of a single variable
Differential and integral calculus of several variables
Ordinary differential equations
Partial differential equations
Real Analysis
Complex Analysis
Topology
Discrete mathematics (combinatorics, graph theory, etc.)
Number Theory
Geometry (projective, differential, etc.)
Probability theory
Statistics (statistics is often taught as a discipline in its own
right, rather than as part of a maths course).

You have a high bar, sir.

I never suggested that people should have my education, or that small
subset of it, unless they intend to work in aerospace electronic R&D.

No, but you were complaining of "poorly educated" folks here.

I frequently post simplified explanations that don't require even
introductory calculus.

And that's good.

--
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...