Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Possible reason the A-10 is being dropped

I don't know where you work, but I used RF grade PCB material for
hand test boards of telecom IC's. When the frequency of the square wave
is or exceeds 12GHz, the Fourier frequencies of the rise and fall time
determine the bandwidth of the traces and scopes used...

Electrical trade depending on the location in the industry of Calculus
or better. Most doesn't require much more than arithmetic.

If you don't work in some fields, don't speak across all fields.
Engineers do math based on the job and use what they can in doing it.

My dad was into n-dimensional space at work. And he could calculate in
it. After-all Over 100 years ago Maxwell worked on advanced mathematics
for electronics and others.

I just completed a paper on advanced mathematics. Most of which is over
100 years old. The two Geometries that were used by Einstein in writing
his two major Theories. He wrote one for sub-atomic and another for the
cosmos.

Martin

On 9/30/2015 11:30 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 07:27:15 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Pseudoscience explanations intentionally spare the poorly educated
from those confusing numbers, such as the temperature of combustion
and the melting points of metals.

So, people are poorly educated until they have been taught these?

Set Theory
Group Theory
Algebra (linear, abstract, etc.)
Differential and integral calculus of a single variable
Differential and integral calculus of several variables
Ordinary differential equations
Partial differential equations
Real Analysis
Complex Analysis
Topology
Discrete mathematics (combinatorics, graph theory, etc.)
Number Theory
Geometry (projective, differential, etc.)
Probability theory
Statistics (statistics is often taught as a discipline in its own
right, rather than as part of a maths course).

You have a high bar, sir.

I never suggested that people should have my education, or that small
subset of it, unless they intend to work in aerospace electronic R&D.
I frequently post simplified explanations that don't require even
introductory calculus.

This is an example of the mathematics of digital communications:
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrica...F12_chap07.pdf

-jsw