Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_4_] critcher[_4_] is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On 27/09/2015 20:30, Bill Wright wrote:
Adrian wrote:

But what've "half a million foreigners coming in" got to do with the
price of fish?

Apart from anything else, VERY few recent migrants will be buying
properties.

For those coming from outside the EU - over half of all migrants -
they quite simply can't get mortgages unless they have ILR - which few
will have.

So they'll be put in social housing, or private rented accommodation.
This will increase pressure on the lower end of the market, and the
pressure will translate upwards.

Or do you imagine that we have half a million properties sitting empty,
every year, just awaiting the migrants?

You can be quite sure that they won't be expected to live in tents.

B'sides over half of all population growth in the UK is from the
number of births outstripping the number of deaths.

Of course, and that's a big factor. But take the immigrants out of the
equation and the pressure is much less.

Bill

bill you do it so well, from disabled to curry and the largest no. of
posts I've seen for a long time.You should think about writing for The Mail.