Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 10:25:41 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 8:51:41 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 09/30/2015 03:48 AM, Robert Green wrote:
I am not sure that the PC revolution would have been as remarkable as it was
without the clones. They enabled a lot more people access to personal
computing than an IBM-only world would have.

I never owned a genuine IBM PC and didn't have compatibility problems.
Some were hotter than PCs, in more ways than one.

I'm always amused when people I consider to be toward the left end of
the political spectrum favor Apple products. I guess they like the 'my
way or the highway' approach Apple has always used.

Perhaps Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks are too busy trying to save The Earth from WTF to have time to screw around with anything that requires a little intelligence to get it to work? So they become Apple snobs which fits because they have delusions that they're smarter than everyone else. Those of their ilk want an appliance they can get online with. Me, I'm using a Chromebook, I turn it on and it just works. I don't have to worry about updates, antivirus or antimalware software. There aren't enough of us Chromebook users to become snobs,.....yet. ~_^

[8~{} Uncle Snob Monster

In my experience, I find the opposite...your ilk are the elite, snobbish, Apple-types. You always like to pigeonhole people...that does not work, as you will be wrong most of the time. But you don't actually care...