Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
john west john west is offline

Default TV Freeview picture breaking up, New 4G transmitter andAeroplanes

On 29/09/2015 19:10, tony sayer wrote:
In article , john west
scribeth thus
On 27/09/2015 16:57, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 27/09/2015 15:59, Bill Wright wrote:

Although these built-in meters don't mean much that sounds dodgy to me.
In general Humax DTT boxes need to be showing more like 90% to work
properly (I was a Humax dealer before I retired).

I have a 9120. It seems to cope OK with signal strength down to 75% on
its own meter which rates my connection as somewhere between 78 and 82
usually. If it drops below 75 I get bits of a recording that skip on
playback.

Jim

----

Bright young Engineer arrived yesterday and said his meter reading
strengths results were 'marginal'.

My aerial was at the gutter level on the second floor, he said he
thought it should be higher. We have an old aerial already on the
chimney which we have never used.

He connected a new cable and a filter to it and now everything seems
just fine.

To the new aerial not the chimney one?.

Looking back on the whole business our original aerial worked well, then
because it all went bad i just assumed it was my fault somewhere, so I
doubled checked all the connections and bought and installed a new
aerial and some new leads.

This was the one up on the chimney that it was bought to replace?.

Then 'after' doing this work i got a message come up on the television
which after going on line to investigate further, informed me about new
nearby 4G transmitter which could be causing problems.

Humm... Do you know which transmitter your on the main Crystal Place
station or the relay at Finchley seems odd that messages came up on the
screen telling you that a local 4G was to start on a TX that covers most
all of London and a way out. Do you get all the MUX'es your entitled to
there or are some missing?.

How much less grief would have been caused if I had received some
*timely* notification of these 4G transmissions likely being the cause
of my picture break up issues issues.

Thats even if it was that it might well not have been.

Thanks to all, for your contributions.

the aerial worked fine at gutter level until all the trouble started. he
connected to the old one up on the roof.
i dont connect at all to the relay transmitter.