Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 09/29/2015 10:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
It was marketing gimmick made up by the advertising company. I've never seen a Corinthian, have you? Unless you mean the feller who owned Playboy Magazine. ^_^

I've seen many Corinthians, having grown up near Corinth. NY, that is.
It may have been easier to be a Corinthian than a resident of nearby
Troy. Nothing like marching out onto the football field singing 'We are
the mighty Trojans from Troy High!'

That part of NYS had been hit hard by the classical naming fad. They
were easier on outsiders than the German and Indian names that left them
tongue tied. For example, Poestenkill. Hint: the first 'e' is a
typographical convention for an umlauted 'o', not anything you want to
try to work into your pronunciation.