Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 23:20:20 +0100, Jim Thomas wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 20:48:04 +0100, Jim Thomas wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:27:59 +0100, Indy Jess John
wrote:

On 29/09/2015 14:17, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 22:36:53 +0100, Johnny B
wrote:

Since they'd only managed to clock me as doing 35mph (probably in
the
first ten yard stretch after the 30mph limit sign by means of a a
hidden
mobile speed camera), I was given the option of doing a speed
awareness
course in lieu of a fine and 3 points. Just coincidentally, the cost
of
the course happened to be the same as the fine (£60) but it was a no-
brainer to take this option since it saved me accumulating 3 points
on
my
licence.

But you got brainwashed. You only take those if you think you risk
running low on points.

Not necessarily. If you have points on your licence you will find that
changing insurance companies is more difficult and the premiums higher
than if you shop around without points on your licence.

Don't tell them about the points then.

And get them deny your claim when you make one.

Never happened.

It has actually.

Not to me.

No point in insuring if they won't pay out on a claim.

I don't insure for payouts.

There is no other reason to insure.

To stop the police from pulling me over.

It's you that are liable to the other party if you
are at fault, not your insurance company. If they
refuse to pay that claim, you get to wear the
claim just like you would if you were not insured.

So what?

--
I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence. -- Doug McLeod