Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default CADCAM Technology Leaders Group On LinkedIn...

On 9/30/2015 12:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I, too, have had a zero net result from any Linkadink connections.
Too bad about the non-competes. 1/3/5 year?

I signed up my business several years ago, and almost overnight was
getting link requests from diamond brokers, real estate agents,
and other fields that had zero connection to my business. When I
asked each one why they thought a connection would be of any value,
I got some very creative and convoluted reasoning in return.
Decided it was a waste of time. Even after deleting my account, I kept
getting invites right up to closing my shop last year.

Best thing I ever did to garner new customers was go through the white
pages of phone books from neighboring areas while waiting at the bus
stop for my kids. Called any outfit that even remotely sounded like they
might need machining. Picked up my two best customers this way and cost
me virtually nothing but otherwise wasted time.

Jon