Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Deck screws in PTW wood

notbob wrote:
On 2015-09-18, wrote:

framing nailer shoots up to 3.25" nails and the smaller one shoots up
to 2.5".

I just put a deck down with 2,5" ring shank SS nails. We will see how
that works.

I watch an acquaintance install joist hangers on a new deck. Not
understanding what he was doing, I asked. He said he was using a palm
nailer. I'd never heard/seen one before, so asked him to elaborate.
It's a air driven device that hammers, in small rapid air driven
strokes, nails into wood. He was driving what looked like 1-1/2" to
2" galvanized nails. Blew me away! 8|

After seeing workers building a porch across the street use a palm nailer, I
picked one up cheap on sale at Harbor Freight. It's a great tool when you have
to hammer in a tight space. Or just about any other time.