Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage Door Transmitters - Givaways

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:49:33 PM UTC-4, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
wrote:
snipped

Re my email address: I didn't realize that it must not always show up as
a "from:" in the header of a newsgroup post. I don't use Google Groups
much, so I didn't notice that a poster's email addresses probably
doesn't show.

I munged my email address for newsgroups years ago by inserting
"DUMPTHIS" in it to try and minimize the amount of spam I receive from
robot spammers.

Jeff

It didn't show up for me either until I hit reply, then it was there.

I'm using SeaMonkey and Giganews for my newsgroup efforts and I see a
header on every post giving me:

Subject:....
From: (Poster's email address)
Date and time:
Newsgroup name:

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

People bitch at us Google Groupers, but I don't worry about it. Let 'em bitch.

I can't install a newsreader at work, so I'm forced to use GG during the day
(unless I want to actually work).

Since GG keeps track of what I've read, I can log into any browser on any
computer or my iPad or phone and pick up right where I left off, at work, at home or on the road.