Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door Transmitters - Givaways

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:22:34 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 3:44:58 PM UTC-4, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I just got through installing two new Sears Craftsman garage door
openers to replace the Craftsman openers I installed 30 years ago and
were performing intermittently, stopping or reversing when there were no
apparent overloads to the doors travel.

So, I sprung for two new Craftsman openers and they work slicker than
snot on a brass doorknob.

It was interesting to note how much lighter the main rail and traveling
components have become over that time, but they look like they'll
probably hold up for the rest of my years.

Anyway, the point is that I'm left with four working garage door
transmitters viz:

One Craftsman 139.53708 One Button Control
One Craftsman 139.53718 Three Button Control
Two Chamberlin Liftsmaster 61LM One button controls

That I'll never need.

These are all the earlier style transmitters with dip switches inside to
set the code.

I'd be happy to give them to folks on this group who could use them. I
think I can mail one or a pair of them in a padded envelope for less
than $5, so if someone wants them just email me after removing the
obvious upper case words from what shows here, and we'll work it out.

Jeff,

I'll take the 139.53708 off of your hands if it's still available.

Unfortunately I don't see anything that resembles an email address in your post. Maybe it's because I am using Google Groups.

My throwaway email address (backwards) is ten.tenze@sworrameat

Tell me how to get you the $5 and I'll send it your way. Thanks!

I'll email you directly.

Re my email address: I didn't realize that it must not always show up as
a "from:" in the header of a newsgroup post. I don't use Google Groups
much, so I didn't notice that a poster's email addresses probably
doesn't show.

I munged my email address for newsgroups years ago by inserting
"DUMPTHIS" in it to try and minimize the amount of spam I receive from
robot spammers.

Jeff

Jeff

It didn't show up for me either until I hit reply, then it was there.