Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default making a photography darkroom

On 29/09/2015 16:04, whisky-dave wrote:

8

Its not a difference as far as teaching photography.

Yes it is, with digital it's easy to change it after taking the photo
or retake the shot or even in post processing. Not quite so easy with
film. WHich means with film if you're going to take pictures under
anyhting other than daylight you need to think about it, even before
are going to take before taking them in this way ? How many times has
the decision of which media to choose has been dictated by whether
you're shooting in daylight artificail or even at night. ?

So its only photography if its difficult to do.
Best of luck teaching that.

You obviously need a special camera tailored to your idea of what
to teach.

No just one where you can alter Av Tv focus, compensation, ISO, all
idependantly.

Like you can on many digitals.

the same as on a film camera or are you proposing that
only manual lenses are allowed.

if you want to learn about lenses use a manual lens, just
like you would a car.

A manual lens and an auto iris lens produce the same images.

my lenes from my film cameras have aprature rings I can turn to
stop down the lens. They also have a DOF scale and an IR mark,
even a distance scale on some.

In fact I have 2 DoF marks on my film camera. But I bet you don't
know what they are for.

So do mine on my digital.

which one is that then. ?

Which one what?
they are on the lenses not the camera.
and they have IR focusing marks too.

Only preview and metering differ and they differ the same for
film and digital.

I've never seen image stablisation on a lens designed for film
cameras.

One of the reasons why digitals work better. You can turn it off on
all of them.

doesn't mean the lens works any better. What it can do is help
eliminate camera shake. Which is why you don;t know about teaching
photography. A lens with IS will help you get a picture with less
camera shake, it CAN NOT ensure you get a good picture that is down
to the photographer in what's he's framed and his knowledge of the
subject will depend on what shot he gets.

Which is why a digital camera is just as good if not better than a film
camera.
Now you have finally got there I think we can stop this thread.

See as far as teaching goes there are no differences between film
and digital unless you decide to use them.

So I'm right there sis a differnce even more significant when you
teach the subject.

Rubbish.

BTW I know more about photography than you do as you obviously can't
tell us the difference between digital cameras and film cameras.

Bye.