Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Thatch Sam Thatch is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 15:08:03 +0000, Scion wrote:

So... Euro V 0.230g/km, Euro VI 0.170g/km

The US figures are in mg/mile - so Euro VI is about 27mg/mile, and
Euro V is about 36mg/mile. Both are way down in the lower bins. Even
Euro III's .56g/km = 89mg/mile. Hell, even 1992's Euro I had a cap of
HC+NOx of 0.97 = 155mg/mile - within the current upper US bin, and
only 5.5x the Euro VI figure, let alone the alleged "40x"...

Could be that the 40x is what the people who discovered the anomaly
found during 'real-world' tests vs. the permitted output for the band
that the cars were in.

So the "real world" emissions are six or seven times what was permitted
nearly 25 years ago...?

No, not with the American emissions standards.

No, I don't buy it. I don't buy that VW's engineers are uniquely
incompetent and disingenuous, either.

But it is clear they chose to not include the AdBlue system with
those cars that that failed the real world test.