Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John Indy Jess John is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On 29/09/2015 15:30, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:27:59 +0100, Indy Jess wrote:

On 29/09/2015 14:17, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 22:36:53 +0100, Johnny B wrote:

Since they'd only managed to clock me as doing 35mph (probably in the
first ten yard stretch after the 30mph limit sign by means of a a hidden
mobile speed camera), I was given the option of doing a speed awareness
course in lieu of a fine and 3 points. Just coincidentally, the cost of
the course happened to be the same as the fine (£60) but it was a no-
brainer to take this option since it saved me accumulating 3 points on my
licence.

But you got brainwashed. You only take those if you think you risk running low on points.

Not necessarily. If you have points on your licence you will find that
changing insurance companies is more difficult and the premiums higher
than if you shop around without points on your licence.

Don't tell them about the points then.

Which is OK until you make a claim, and then they check everything, and
you will find that they don't pay your claim on the grounds that you
withheld a material fact. Then you personally will be pursued by any
other party wanting their losses reimbursed.

Jim