Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default LED bulbs

wrote in message
On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 4:48:52 PM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:
It seems that you can't do much better than $2 per 60W screw-in LED

but that's a lot of bulbs compared to the cost
of the tube type.
--
Bobby G.

You can do better. Costco is now selling four-packs of 60W LED bulbs for

$12.99 with a $10.00 instant rebate--cost of $1.00 per bulb.

How much is a Costco membership? I would have to have my neighbor take me
and use their card (which I like to avoid) since I am not a member. That
unfortunately has to figure into the total price as well. And as Perce
pointed out, it could be a rebate sponsored by a local utility that I am not
eligible for.

$2 a bulb is the lowest price I've seen for straight up purchases without
rebates. That's still a lot more "light for the buck" than the 40" models.
I suspect thost prices will drop considerably as more people adopt them.

--
Bobby G.