Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a photography darkroom

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:43:26 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
f number is a measure of aperture *diameter* relative to lens focal
length.

Its the same as a film camera, where do you think it differs?
Why do you even think it might differ?

My thoughts exactly. I can't work out whether he really doesn't know
or is
winding us all up. Film and digital cameras have more in common that
maybe
he realises.

They sure do, but there are some important differncies.

You still haven't said what they are, I don't think you know.

if you don't know I'm not listing them for you.
We are also talking about qwhich is best for teaching photography.
Teaching photography adn gettiogn a good picture aren't the same.

Sorry. Anyone who says "you are wrong but I can't be bothered to explain
why" has just proved that they are not worth listening to.

anyone that can;t tell teh differncies or even a single differnce between a digital camera and a film one is'nt worth talking to are they.
If they have a camera in their hand how will they know whether it's digital or film if they don;t know the differnce ?

You may have a very good point to make - there may be differences .

well I listed some in my 2nd post 1st wouldn't post came back with some error.

in the way
that you use aperture and shutter speed between film and digital, but I
can't think of any and neither can dennis@home.

that's NOT my problem.

You've implied that a camera with manual settings (and maybe even with no
automatic settings) is needed to teach photography.

If you use words I haven;t used .....

I NEVER said, plese only quote what I have said.
I DID NOT say a film camera is NEEDED to teach photography.

I said it's better for teaching PHOTOGRAPHY.
and please NOTE that for me photography and selfies and the average baby snap is NOT the same for me.

To some extent I agree
with you - about the former, if not the latter. Where you would find such a
camera out of current models of film and digital camera is the problem.

Someone would have to think carefully about which product wpould be best for teaching photgraphy. I would NOT advise an iphone6 even teh s+ version.

But you've not made a convincing case for saying that a film camera is
better than a digital camera for learning the principles of photography,

for that I would need to be convinced that those that I was discussing it with had a clue about photography otherwise it's be like talking about women with Rod speed as he can't tell the differnce between a womens arse and a sheeps
as long as they're called shiela ;-)

because every time you've been challenged to elaborate your sweeping
statements, you've ducked the issue.

No as you have done you change what I say then expect me to defned what you've said.
Show me again where I have said you need a film camera to teach photography .